Thursday, October 27, 2022

...10.27...What I Ate in a Day...as a Vegan...

...yesterday seemed like a 'weird' sort of eating day for me...I really felt like I ate a lot...maybe too many snacks...haha...
...the day started normally enough...early...I had a bowl of this shredded wheat cereal...like mini wheats but not frosted...those ones aren't vegan as they have...I don't remember...eggs or gelatin or something in the glaze...I added a pinch of stevia for sweetness...and some almond milk...
...so...by mid-morning I was hungry...and I had snack #1...which was a slice of homemade wheat bread toasted and topped with peanut butter and jelly...and tea...of course...
...lunch was really just kind of another snack...I wasn't too hungry for some reason haha...the Man ate leftover soup...we've been eating a lot of soup lately...but I used some of the vegan cheeze sauce I'd made earlier...to make a quick bowl of vegan mac and cheese...and ate up that little jar of left over lima beans...I didn't even put them in a bowl...but just ate out of the jar...
...so then...guess what...mid-aftenoon...I was hungry again...so I got out some Kedem Special Tea cookies...
...and added a dollop of peanut butter...
...to make a sort of sandwich coookie...
...which I had with tea...of course...this snack always reminds me of Romper Room snacks that Mom used to make...often graham crackers spread with peanut butter and sandwiched...fun...
...and then I made about the quickest little supper I've made in a while...it's soy curls rehydrated in some vegan chick'n bouillon...and then I just made a quick bechamel white sauce sort of gravy using almond milk...and added a few good handfuls of frozen mixed veg...
...and then I got a couple of hamburger buns out of the freezer...see...this is the problem with me sticking little odds and ends like this in the freezer...if I don't make a concerted effort to get them out and use them...they'll just wind up going to waste anyway...see the date on these...
...and it made a very satisfying quick supper...sort of like a deconstructed pot pie...

...what did you eat yesterday?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. I've been too busy to eat right lately. Bagel and Vivolife creame cheese for breakfast, leftover rice/green beans/soy sauce for lunch and a big Caesar salad for dinner. And Reeces cups for snack. Love, K

    ReplyDelete