Wednesday, February 01, 2023

...2.1...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...this project started years and years ago...I'm sorry to say that I kind of forgot about it...this basket was in a tote...just like this and had been there since we moved from West Virginia about 9 years ago now...whew...and I checked my pattern folder and the pattern I intended this yarn for was still right there...it's Carnaby Street by VersaciKnits...

...I liked the original sweater colours...but of course I won't be using wool...so I had purchased two different bamboo yarns with my dear friend and W.V. neighbor Bridget...at her favorite yarn shop there...
...the bright yellow/gold is Bamboozle from Crystal Palace Yarns (currently discontinued)...it's a rayon/cotton/nylon blend...the colourway is called Marigold...love that...and the bright orange is another smoother/shinier bamboo/cotton blend...that I'm pretty sure I can still order...I've seen it on eBay...
...so there has been a whole bunch of swatching going on now...
...and I've still not managed to get the gauge stated in the pattern spot on...
...not surprising really as I'm using such a different yarn...
...so I'll probably just forge ahead...and make lots of minor adjustments to the pattern to match my gauge...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. those oranges are so cheerful! I am working on a shawl and a scarf and gearing up to starting a pair of socks for my husband.

    ReplyDelete