Monday, January 29, 2024

...1.29...Over the Weekend...

...we had quite a bit of rain and stormy weather...but we set all the plants outside to get some nice rainfall...
...we were almost out of sauerkraut...so I got out my old Emmie food processor...my epoxy patch is still holding...
...chopped up three lbs (1.36 kg) of cabbage and mixed it with 3 teaspoons (12.55 grams) of salt...such a simple recipe...
...and packed it into a jar to ferment for a couple of weeks...
...we've been playing lots of backgammon...but decided to change things up and play a little bit of mancala...I think I have a pretty good strategy...haha...Our Airman loved mancala when he was about 6 years old...this is actually his old game...
...I did the weekly shop...kind of a regular one this time...there's an Aldi close by...a Food Lion which I'm really familiar with...a neighborhood market (it's a small Wal-Mart grocery store)...I've never seen one before...but I like it...
...there's not really anything unusual...I got a Dr. Pepper which I don't usually do...all of the veg on the right is for a Singapore noodles recipe I've been wanting to try...the OJ is an orange juice and mango blend...that should be good...I love mango...without my favorite Silk Protein...I've been trying to adapt to the creamy organic almond milk from Aldi...and the tan bag in the front is some accidentally vegan ginger snaps...
...I made a InstantPot of beans...pintos and great northerns...
...we had gotten these silicone ice cube trays for Christmas...so I filled them up and froze them...
...and then I made some lemonade...
...of course they're no different than regular ice cubes...but they are cute...
...and I made some brownie bites...
...and baked some tofu...while the oven was hot...
...I love Brownie Bites...
...and now the weather is beautiful again...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, send me the link to where I can buy that ice cube tray!! That looks like something I could use in my freezer on the boat since things get tossed around like crazy in there. Love, K

    ReplyDelete