Saturday, January 20, 2024

...1.20...Dinner and a Movie...and blog comments...

...first of all...posting my comments to blog friends here...

...to my sweet sissie Karen who blogs from her boat at McCraw Sails...Hey K...your sea glass is so pretty...and you bread looks just like mine...maybe we have the same bread machine...haha...and thanks a bunch!...and thanks for the green flash vid...Love, T

...to karen from Pumpkin Sunrise...Hi Karen...oh...I so wish we would get some snow...not very likely...but there's always hope...it does happen here every few years...I love your grandkid's hats...so adorable...

...to Éphée from L'éphémère quotidienneté des repas et autres trucs de magie...Hi Éphée...your orange seitan and your lentils look wonderful...I'm making that as soon as I finish the lentils from the freezer...haha...we have to use up something before we can put something in it's still so full up...I love your lake views...

...to Penny from Snap That Penny...Hi Penny...your snowy street scenes are so pretty...hope you're staying warm...

...and on the reading front...I've finished A Portion for Foxes...definitely a romance novel...but with quite a bit of social commentary that I don't think I picked up on when I read this as a teenager...

...and I'm going to get back to Dickens...I know where my anthology is...haha...but a sweet reader recommended this book...

...so I'm currently reading Meik Wiking's Little Book of Hygge...
...which I got from my new library...Hooray for public libraries...

...it's good...an easy and probably quick read...

...I do think it's funny that the Danes self report as being happy...and they are listed as the happiest people on earth...but remember Babette's Feast...and the 'unhappy' Danes...I knew quite a few (second and third generation) Danes in North Dakota...and I wouldn't say they were any happier or unhappier than anyone else...but so far the book is mostly about being 'present' and finding joy in family, friends and home...

...what have you been reading lately?...
...and for dinner...take out again...this time a delicious vegan pizza...

...and the movie was Nyad...I thought it was good...it really was the Man's turn to choose...and he wanted to watch Oppenheimer...but that's a bit heavy going...we'll probably watch it next week...haha...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely weekend...

3 comments:

  1. The concept of hygge is something i try to apply up here during our L O N G winter. This pizza is gorgeous! Now i'm craving for one!!! Nyad is on my list. Currently watching "Messiah" on Netflix. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we've been watching shows on the pbs website. that pizza looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pizza looks delicious! We've been watching some movies lately - we did watch Oppenheimer - really well done. I think you'll enjoy it. Love, K

    ReplyDelete