Thursday, September 10, 2026

...9.9...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...first up...I shrinkified the navy t-shirt that I'd gotten last week to go with the stripey cut off trousers...
...and then my old iPad cover is starting to shed little bits of black stuff...it's some sort of vegan leather covering...and it's at least 10 years old...I don't really use this iPad very much but when I do I don't want bits of it flaking off on me...so I decided to cover it up...
...I made a pattern of course...
...and the first thing I did was cut out and buttonhole stitch an opening for the camera...
...then I lined up the pattern on some fabric from stash...
...cut it out...
...and checked the fit...
...realized that I could see the fabric with the camera...so I made that opening bigger...
...along the hard plastic clip-in edge I hand stitched the fabric in place...
...but all around the rest of it I used my heavy duty Singer sewing machine to slowly stitch where the current stitches were...
...from the inside...
...popped the iPad back in...
...and checked that it would close up and fasten properly...
...and everything works as intended...the cover still functions as it should...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...

~Have a lovely day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment