Tuesday, December 19, 2006

FO - North Country Hats


The 4 North Country Hats are finished - Only the Man-Cub is without a hat right now - I'm going to make him another one but it will probably have to wait until after Christmas. Each hat is a little bit different - in case all the kids are together they can (hopefully) tell them apart.

The Man-Cub decided to give all of the support teachers/staff at his school some of the apple jelly he helped make in the fall - Yay! - that was an easy present - already done.


The teacher's scarf is also finished - not as long as I would like it to be and there is no way I could stretch it into a poncho - but it is what it is. I guess my yarn subsitution was a failure here - the Bernat eyelash is not a good sub for Red Heart Foxy.


Anyway I edited the picture of the pattern to include only the two ways she'll be able to wear it, and I'll include that and the washing instructions from the band in the package.

Over the weekend I started 2 more scarves for the Man-Cub's Tae Kwon Do instructors. One is almost finished and I have until Thursday night to get the other one done - it's simple stockinette stitch over about 65 stitches - so if I knit during all my waking hours I should be done by 5:00 Thursday when they have to be gifted. I'm using Caron Simply Soft in heather grey and I'm duplicate stitching the letters TKD on one end of each.

0 comments:

Post a Comment