Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Whew - we spent all morning opening gifts - when you live this far away from family and friends - and everything is shipped to you - not opened piecemeal as it is when you live close - you get quite a mountain of gifts - and it was all good! Now the tree is empty again and it will still be about a week until I take the decorations down and I like the house to stay Christmasy as long as possible.

I did finish the Man-Cub's North Country Hat - but not in time for Santa to put it under the tree - I knit while he quietly worked with his Legos - Christmas music playing softly in the background and no TV - it was nice.

I veganized a Parker House Roll recipe for our Christmas Lunch:


2 1/2 tsp dry yeast
1 cup soy milk
4 tbsp Earth Balance
2 tbsp sugar
2 eggs, equivalent - I used flax see goo - but now I have Red Mill egg replacer thanks to Karen
4 cups unbleached flour
2 tsp salt
melted margarine to glaze

The usual mixing instruction - let rise 1 hour - roll out and cut into little rectangles - overlap them a little in the pan - and glaze with melted margarine and bake at 425° for abut 15-20 minutes. The recipe said the yield was 16 rolls but we got many more than that - probably about 24 - they were delish!

Teeccino


Have you tried this herbal coffee - YUM - and absolutely no caffeine - YAY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment