Monday, February 09, 2009

App State Afghan No. 2

or 'Do you like Bobbin Knittin?'

This is the progress so far on Appalachian State Afghan #2 for Bridget. I'm knitting in the logo instead of embroidering it on top in duplicate stitch - we'll see which way we like better...

It takes a lot of bobbins even for a simple pattern like this one (Mom will have to post a copy of the 'Rose Sweater' that I knit several years ago - that one really took a lot of bobbins)...

Of course I make my own bobbins out of whatever stiff cardboard I happen to have in the recycle bin...

Just draw a little pattern of a bobbin and don't forget the little slit in the top to hold your yarn...

4 comments:

  1. i had no idea how you would do that...it still amazes me what you do with a "bunch of string"!!!!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting how yarn can be turned into something so special. E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I didn't know you could do that. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bobbins are brilliant
    Many times I don't use bobbins, cos I can't find mine, and wish I had as it ends in a mess. I do lots of colour knitting and design Fair Isle and Intarsia charts for all sorts of uses.

    ReplyDelete