Tuesday, May 17, 2011

...lining the Isabeau...


...a few photos of the lining in progress...first I made a pattern...

...I added a little pocket to the back so that maybe I can keep up with my keys and they won't always be in the bottom of my purse...

...the front of the lining - I made double sided so that the bits that peek out through the lace would be right side out...

...but I don't think that it was really necessary...I'm just a perfectionist like that...

...the Isabeau seamed but empty...doesn't have much shape...

...I'll add the handles after I've sewn the lining in place...

...just stuff the lining in wrong sides facing...the lining will seem a little bit too large as the knit bag will stretch a bit...

...and hand stitch the lining to the knit bag...

...almost there...

3 comments:

  1. I think it is just the neatest thing that you have knitted a purse and now sewn a lining! You have inspired me to try one myself just as soon as this gardening work is complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks very nice! love, k

    ReplyDelete