Thursday, March 26, 2015

...Creamy Vegan Mac and Cheese...

...we're always looking for quick and easy Lenten supper recipes...

...and we found this recipe over at Vegan Yumminess...and decided to give it a try last night...
...it really couldnt be easier...you just make your noodles...we used elbow macaroni...of course...
...then just blended up the other ingredients...I did not deviate from the recipe at all..I left out the optional cayenne...and the next time I make this I'll probably cut the lemon juice in half...just because I could sort of taste an 'actual' lemony sort of taste...and I don't think it should be like that...so we'll see...there will definitely be a next time...and maybe we just had some really lemony lemons...
...it just looks so creamy and you could certainly serve it just like that...
...but I baked mine for a little bit...just until it started to brown...just because I like that little bit of carmelization...
...then served it with a vinaigrette dressed salad...and a pretty little dessert dish of baby beets...
...delicious!...

...What have you been eating this Lent...?

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Do you use cups to measure the ingredients like potatoes or weigh them? It looks good, I might try it for my daughter. I do have a set of cups and measuring jug with cup measures. Used a lot here in days of yore before people had access to scales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmmmy looking!!! love, k

    ReplyDelete