Wednesday, March 11, 2015

...Frugal Frozen Tomato Paste...

...so yesterday...in the Vegan Sauce Aurore post...you saw that we used a spoonful of tomato paste to flavor a white sauce...

...here's what we do with the rest of the tomato paste...
...I spread a piece of plastic wrap on a flat surface...here it's my cutting board...but it could be a plate or a sheet pan...

...and I use a measuring spoon - Tablespoon to put little tablespoon sized dollops of tomato paste on the wrap.

...then I pop it in the freezer overnight...
...and then when they are frozen solid...
...I just roll up the wrap with the little knobs of paste inside...
...and pop it into a baggie...

...then when I need another tablespoon or two of tomato paste I have it without having to open a can...and there's no waste at all...I love that!

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. good idea, Scout mom!!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea, it easy to waste that bit left in the can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great idea! I'm afraid I've only done it twice. I need to get in the habit of it :-)

    ReplyDelete