Friday, July 31, 2015

...the week of summer squash...Patty Pan...

When I saw this Roasted Patty Pan Squash and Herbed Chickpeas Recipe over at Chocolate and Zucchini or C & Z I knew I wanted to try it...

...but I didn't have any patty pan squash...
...and I'm so glad I bookmarked the recipe...because one of our new friends gave us some patty pans...
...aren't they the cutest little squash ever...like little ufos...
...I cut the cute little flying saucers into eigths...
...and put them in my vegetable roaster...and drizzled them with some olive oil...
...I love this little roaster...we've had it for years...like longer than Scout is old...if I remember right...it's from Williams Sonoma...and I don't think anything does a better job of roasting veggies to caramelized perfection...
...see...perfectly done...
...then I mixed up the chickpea part of the salad...
...aside from the patty pans...it's the capers that really make this recipe...
...it's the perfect cool and refreshing summer salad...we loved it...

...I hope you've enjoyed the week of summer squash...and as I've still got bags of squash...I'll probably be posting more recipes before I run out...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. I have seen those cute patty pan squashes. The chickpeas look delicious, a good salad.

    Waiting for more squash recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, i bet that sweet roasted flavor of the squash was really good with the chickpeas!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete