Monday, July 20, 2015

...Hobo Supper...

...we had a fund raising supper at Church...Pinto Beans...Cornbread...and Coleslaw were served...I thought that I'd taken a photo of my vegan plate...but I can't find it...
...there was a Sweet Treat Walk...just like a traditional Cake Walk but with lots of cookies and pies too...so they don't call it a Cake Walk...

...everyone had a lot of fun and raised over $150...
...there was a packed house for the auction (with a real auctioneer)...I took my Mom's Black Walnut Pound Cake...again...I was busy and didn't get a photo...but there's one on the link and it looked exactly the same...and just like when I was a little girl and my Mom's cake would sale at the Bake Sale for $10...here at auction it went for $27...and I got a call the next day telling me how delicious it was...all thanks to Mom...

...altogether over $2500 was raised for the local food bank...and that's why they serve such simple food...to remind us how blessed we are to have enough to eat...

...have you ever been to a Hobo Supper?

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. that looks like a nice and "fulfilling" event! love that cake!!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I haven't, but this looks and sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No but what a good idea. They have something similar to do with the Cathedral and they serve Shepherds Pie. I have wanted to try corn bread for ages and not got around to it and I do love beans. Such a heartwarming thing to do.

    ReplyDelete