Thursday, July 16, 2015

...SEVENTEEN...

...OKAY...seriously...how'd that happen...

...right on the heels of the big move Scout had a birthday...
...so we needed a cake...he requested devils food...as usual I think...it was a pretty warm day...so I popped it in the freezer for a few minutes just to set the icing a little bit...
...then I used a trick I learned from my sweet sister when she was decorating her son's Wedding Cake...she used a damp paper towel to smooth the icing...my paper towels left a pattern on the icing that I didn't like so I used my jelly straining cloth...
...then I just piped on some stars willy-nilly...
...and smoothed those out as well...
...it turned out nice...
...added 17 candles...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Scout. Seventeen, I remember my daughter being seventeen and thinking of her leaving home and such big changes. Those young years have gone before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, happy birthday to Scout!! nice haircut too :-)

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cake for the birthday boy. Happy birthday to Scout!

    ReplyDelete