Friday, March 17, 2017

...Beet Chip FAIL...

...I don't want anyone to think that every single thing I make here in the affectioknit kitchen turns out perfectly...or even good...or even edible...

...because that was not the case with this trial...

...I had seen these beet chips at the grocery store...and I didn't buy them...but it did push my "I can make those" button...
...so I bought a can of sliced beets...and promptly put them on the dehydrator tray...
...which did it's job wonderfully...
...and gave me rock hard...but strangely still a little bit pliable and chewy 'chips'...

...so we all had a good laugh...but don't worry...I popped them straight into a jar of water...and they've already plumped back up nicely...

...and with my waste not philosophy...they're now destined for smoothies...

...but not to worry...I'll probably try this again...with fresh beets and a thinner slice...

...have you had any 'fails' in the kitchen recently?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. haha that is cute!! yeah, i have lots of "fails"...often when i'm just putting spices together that i think will be good. and they often are just a little "off". happens particularly often when i'm trying to do asian dishes. think i should stick to the pre-mixed spices! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, one or two!

    ReplyDelete