Wednesday, June 09, 2021

...6.9...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...first of all...a little update on the grey trouser socks...I've finished the toe and picked up the provisional cast on stitches and started the ribbing...now I'll just knit in k2P2 ribbing until I run out of yarn...and cast off with the super stretchy bindoff...hopefully by next week's W.I.P. post...haha...
...because...I spent most of my knitting time this past week...making these adorable bibs for Little Sister...I found this 'remnant' at JoAnn's...it didn't come with any instructions...but it's pretty straightforward I think...
...I just roughly cut everything out...leaving a little bit of seam allowance...and then from a white cotton...I cut out the back for the pieces that will have the little write-on pieces...the others will be reversible...
...then I just put them right sides together and stitched all around...leaving an opening for turning....and then because I wanted the ties stitched in the seam...I pinned those to the inside...you can see the pins at the top here...
...and this is how I did that...I just used ribbon...and I sort of coiled it up and pinned it to one side of the bib...
...then turned it right side out...not sure why all of the photos are sideways...arghhhh...
...and topstitched all arojnd...
...I could have done better with the placement of the little plaque...oh well...it's still super cute...
...and the first three bibs...
...the ones with the little name plates are finished...
...so I got a washable marker...
...and filled those in...
...it's a brand new marker...but the flannel is difficult to write clearly on...
...and my goal was to complete one bib each day...
...the top two and the far right ones were the reversible ones...

...and now they're ready for the next APO shipment tomorrow...

...what's in your workbasket?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Those are adorable!! What a neat find. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey K,
      ...yeah...I thought they were too sweet to pass up...and a really easy little project too...especially spread out over several days like this...
      Love,
      T

      Delete