Wednesday, June 23, 2021

...6.23...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...first of all...haha...I still maintain that I can have a first of all...without a second of all...haha...
...I've started a new project...of course...

...I was wearing one of my rather delapidated cardigans around the house...over my pjs...and the Man 'commented'...haha...that it needed replacing...I...of course said..unh-uhhh...does not...

...it was this one...and I kind of hate to admit that it has definitely seen better days...and I have worn it almost every single day...all year long...because in the fall, winter and spring...I need an extra layer for warmth...and then in the summer with the air conditioner on...I also need an extra layer when I'm inside...
...and it just so happens that I have had this cute yoga wrap sweater pattern in my notebook for years...and I thought this pretty pink yarn would make a super cute little wrap sweater for me to wear around the house...
...so...I've just started it...and it's a super easy pattern...on size 7 & 8 needles...
...ok...I know you're not expecting this...but...second of all...haha...

...when I took that sports-bra out of the dryer...you know the one I 'worked on' (wink) over the weekend...I re-evaluted it...and it definitely needs a little more work...I'll keep my shirt on this time...haha...

...the racer back is torn/worn out...and needs some reinforcement...
...and for some unknown reason...there is a hole in the front...
...and in the fabric stash...I happen to have this super-sized grey t-shirt that I use for patching things like this...and it matches...great!...
...so I cut out a racer-back shaped replacement patch...
...and just zig-zagged that in place over the entire back...I left the bottom open for ventilation...and I restitched the straps to the new patched back...
...now over to the front side...

...I cut a little circle to cover the hole...
...and placed it over the hole...

...now...if I were to do this again...(probably not) I would have placed it inside the double layered hole and just stitched around that...
...but what I actually did...was to zig-zag stitch around the rather large (in hindsight) patch...which created more noticeable patch than I really wanted...not that I ever wear this out in public...without a shirt over it...
...so there you have it...the sports-bra rehab is complete...and I think it took longer for me to tell you about it than the repair actually took...

...what's in your workbasket?...

~Have a lovely day!

10 comments:

  1. That's all so cute. You sure do get the last drop of goodness out of items, don't you? (Glad you had the self control to keep your clothes on this time, haha) Love, K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks K,
      ...it was a pretty easy fix...
      Love,
      T

      Delete
  2. You always amaze me with what you fix. I for one would probably not bother with fixing the sports bra but then you are much better at repairing things than I am, ha ha ha. If the man starts commenting that clothes look worn out then that is probably a good sign to replace something. Like you I hate to part with some well worn comfortable things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny,
      ...you're definitely right about the comment...I always trust his advice about things like that...he's so honest about it...he'll definitely let me know if I shouldn't go 'out' wearing something...haha...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. such a pretty shade of pink! I have a few things to repair but thankfully not much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen,
      ...I don't really have a lot of pink clothes for some reason...so this will be a welcome change...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  4. That looks like a super cute sweater--do the wrap around and tie in the back or...? Very cute. And, as usual, I admire and impressed with your resourcefulness! Good job sewing more life back into that ol' trusty sports bra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth!
      ...it actually does wrap around and tie in the back with two similar length straps...but I'm thinking of making one longer and tying it at the side...or maybe make them both longer so I can tie it at either side...it'd probably be ok tied in the back for yoga...but not so much for couch surfing...haha...which is more where I'll probably be wearing it...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  5. I love your new project!
    I put the patttern on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Éphée!
      ...I hope you'll post about your yoga sweater...what colour are you thinking of...I love the green one pictured too...
      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete