Friday, August 25, 2023

...8.25...Friday Favorites...

...I had to read The Burden as an ebook...(hate that)...but I snapped this screenshot of a couple of paragraphs from that book...because...EXACTLY...HA!...

...people often comment on the way I read books...I always read the end first...and...no...it doesn't stop me from reading the book at all...I'm totally sure that I enjoy the book more because I already know the ending...

...and as with all of the Mary Westmacott books...I really enjoyed The Burden...

Other books I've read in the last couple of weeks:
...I finished Dead Man's Folly 1956
...and a collection of short stories - Three Blind Mice and Other Stories 1950
The Burden 1956 As Mary Westmacott
4.50 from Paddington 1957
Ordeal by Innocence 1958
Cat Among the Pigeons 1959
The Pale Horse 1961

...what have you been reading lately?

...Now I'll post some comments to blog friends here...

...to my sweet sissie Karen who blogs from her boat at McCraw Sails...Hey K...so happy you and huby are back together AND at the boat...hope all is well back home...Love, T...

...to karen from Pumpkin Sunrise...Hi Karen...I definitely agree with you about fall being the most wonderful time of the year...it's still really hot here...but you can sense that the change is coming...the trees are starting to get that sort of dull green before they start to turn to orange red and yellow...and I'm so looking forward to fall...

...to Éphée from L'éphémère quotidienneté des repas et autres trucs de magie...Hi Éphée...everything you've been making in your kitchen looks so delicious...the tofu soup...and the zucchini lasagna...I have to try those...

...to Penny from Snap That Penny...Hi Penny...I'm so glad you're feeling some better...your tree lined streets are so pretty and your market looks like so much fun...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. You can read a book any way you want....I might try that some time and see if I benefit also. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, that's a wonderful quotation and very true. However I do read most of the books I select from front to back. I admit to sometimes sneaking a peek at the ending but I really not too. For whatever reason I always feel I want to be surprised rather than know the ending right off the bat. I have slowed down my reading a lot in the last month but one book I enjoyed is called Sunflower Sisters, by Martha Hall Kelly. I think you might like it. Right now I'm finishing up a booked called Lizzie and Dante (it's okay) and other one which would have a very niche readership. It's called Stoneface a memoir of Steven Kakfwi, former Premier of the Northwest Territories. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete