Monday, August 21, 2023

...8.21...Over the Weekend...

...I did the weekly shopping...
...and got a bunch of stuff...corn was 4 for $1...
...of note...these two plant based soups...new to us...we thought we'd give them a try...
...and an endive for a Julia Child recipe...$5.99 per pound...so pretty expensive...

...and then on the Food Prep front...
...I made a pot of pinto beans...
...baked a BUNCH of vegan cornbread...and got that into the freezer...I just love having it ready and on hand...
...and then I found a jar of black soybeans in the cupboard...so I thought I'd make some soymilk with them...Y'all have seen it before here...and sorry I didn't take a photo before I 'peeled' them...but after they've soaked the skins rub off quite easily...and it's supposed to remove some of the beany taste of soymilk...
...but here's a photo of the rubbed off skins...haha...
...and then you just steam them for a few minutes...and give them a whizz in the Vitamix...
...this is the recipe that I use...
...also hiding in the cupboard was this bag of rice grits...so we cooked those up...just like rice...
...I washed the sheets and hung them out to dry...and it's so hot and dry that I think they were dry in about 20 minutes...
...and this happened...

...right after the faucet last weekend...about Wednesday...we started to hear a funny sound coming from the refrigerator...so we searched the interwebs for "loud purring sound from refrigerator"..."fluttering sound from refrigerator"...etc...

...we found several videos that had you dismantle the fridge from the inside...to get to the fan motor...but we pulled out the fridge and took the back cover off...and found that the fan was pretty much encased in dust...eeeeuuuuuwww...I know...I clean my fridge regularly on the inside and underneath...but this is the first time in the ten years we've been living here that we've taken the back off and cleaned it out...so...needless to say that will go on my spring cleaning list from now on...haha...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. I've never used endive....will be interesting to see! And I've never heard of rice grits. So I guess, if it's just like rice, next time you'll just use rice, haha. Yeah, I haven't pulled out our fridge in probably 20 years.....hmmmm....might should do that! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen those Gardein soups! I can't wait to read what you think of them!
    I guess you will cook endives au gratin? ;-)
    Again, i'm mouthwatering over your cornbread!

    ReplyDelete