Monday, November 06, 2023

...11.6...Over the Weekend...

...we had an early start Saturday morning...Mom had to get to the soccer field and we were heading to pick up the U-Haul truck...so I made some blueberry muffins...
...y'all have seen the recipe many times...I often make it..this time...I made six regular full sized muffins...and then I used my muffin-top pan to make six muffin tops...
...Mom and the Man both chose the pouffy tall muffins...
...but I just had a few muffin tops...let me know if you remember the Seinfeld episode about the muffin tops...haha...there was often a bit of social commentary on Seinfeld...they called the donated bottoms of the muffins 'stumps'...
...we got the truck...
...and loaded it up...his treadmill was definitely the worst part...even after we took it apart...and this truck didn't have a ramp...who knew???...so we improvised by strapping a few two-by-fours together...it worked...
...but everything that he left here is now safely stowed away and he'll be able to easily transfer it to a pod for shipping later...
...so Mom came back to our house after the day's games (there was more on Sunday)...and we had a nice BBQ dinner...she brought a basket of fries that she'd gotten by mistake at lunchtime...haha...
...one of our parishioners sweetly placed the piano flowers in honor of Our Airman...so we brought those home and sent him a picture...it's a really pretty fall arrangement and we're enjoying it on our 'table'...
...after Mom left...I ran to the grocery store for a few things...nothing unusual...but the potatoes in that bag are huge...
...Mom brought the Man a bag of jalapenos...
...on Friday...I had picked what I thought were the last two tomatoes...we've already had frost...
...but when Mom and I were in the backyard...I spied a couple more yellow ones...and I went ahead and picked all of the green ones too...maybe they'll ripen on the windowsill...if not...I'll 'fry' them in the Griddler...
...I think the only food prep I did was to make a batch of toful pudding...just silken tofu, sugar and cocoa...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

1 comment:

  1. Seems exciting to see a u-haul! I know it's a tiring but fun and thrilling time. Love,K

    ReplyDelete