Friday, November 17, 2023

...11.17...Friday Update...

...Posting some comments to blog friends here...again...

...to my sweet sissie Karen who blogs from her boat at McCraw Sails...Hey K...I'm enjoying watching your trek southwards...and I think the ICW is pretty interesting...too bad about the choppy seas though...hope you're not sick...your little video clip almost did me in...haha...and I had to lookup those degaussing stations...never heard of that...and also hope you can see this post...Love, T

...to karen from Pumpkin Sunrise...Hi Karen...so glad you're hands are feeling better...your Thanksgiving plans sound delightful...one of the things we're looking forward to with the Man's retirement is getting to spend more time with our families...as pastors 'work' on weekends when most of those gatherings take place...

...to Éphée from L'éphémère quotidienneté des repas et autres trucs de magie...Hi Éphée...first of all...your pup is so sweet...I know you're enjoying her...and I love the 'steak' idea...

...to Penny from Snap That Penny...Hi Penny...I loved seeing your autumn skies...I need to start snapping some pictures of our skies...evening and morning...because they are really beautiful...

...to Beth from BLD in MT : Living a Simple Life in This Interconnected World...I loved seeing your patchwork pants...and the story of Matt's hat is amazing...

...on the reading front...

...I've almost finished Nicholas Nickleby...just a few more hours of reading...it's a pretty involved story with lots and lots of really well developed characters...still planning on watching the Oliver Twist series tonight...we'll see how the Man feels about it...it'll take three weeks of movie nights to watch...

...what have you been reading lately?

...and I made a delicious and easy vegan ice cream...I was wanting some more mint chocolate chip ice cream...but not wanting to spend $5.95 for a pint...
...so I gathered a few ingredients that we already had on hand...creamy oat milk...peppermint candies...vegan chocolate chips...that's it...
...I just blended up four of the candies in about 2 cups of the milk...it turned it sweet and pink and pepperminty...then I poured it in a shallow layer into two tupperwares...
...let it freeze for a couple of hours and stirred it up...
...did that again after another hour of freezing...
...chopped up some vegan chocolate...
...and stirred that in...it was really delicious...I'll definitely be doing this again...and again...

~HAve a lovely day!

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm back! Finally letting me see your posts! I haven't been reading anything, because I've been too busy driving the boat! I do have David Copperfield in my Kindle goes so will read it next. Love,K

    ReplyDelete
  2. And funny that on Friday you had mint chocolate chip ice cream, and on Saturday I did too in Fernandina beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy for you that you will be able to join in family gatherings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been watching too many movies of late but the other day I watched "Christmas in Conneticut with Barbara Stanwyck. It's from the 1940s and a cute one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been doing a lot of reading. Two good ones read this past week are: The Sorbonne Affair (a murder mystery). It's my first read by this author and I enjoyed it a lot. I also read Meet Me in Monaco, a fictionalized version of the romance & marriage between Grace Kelly & Prince Rainier. There is a secondary love story in the novel and I enjoyed it as well.

    ReplyDelete