Monday, November 20, 2023

...11.20...Over the Weekend...

...the first load of 'stuff' has been moved...
...we rented another U-haul...and parked it out back of the parsonage...
...and starting with the biggest/heaviest things...we dismantled the bed...
...and cinched that king-sized mattress into something that hopefully we'll be able to carry...
...we got it nice and tightly bound up...hopefully we'll be able to get it all the way upstairs at the new house...
...I removed all of the drawers from my antique dresser before loading it onto the truck...and thought my sock drawer was funny...I think I need to stop knitting socks...there are 27 pairs of hand-knit socks in there...I think that may be too many socks for one person...haha...
...we got everything that we intended to onto the truck...and I would say that it wasn't even fully packed...but we got it all to the new house...
...and unloaded it all and turned in the truck before 5:00...
...and then started putting everything away...
...the bed being the most important piece of furniture to get set up at once...you know...so we'd have a place to sleep
...and we did manage to haul that huge mattress up the stairs and into the master bedroom...
...we have actually spent the night here before...so I'll post a little snap of that...
...we have a pretty comfortable blow up mattress that we used when we were getting things set up...and we'll be using it back at the parsonage now until the end of the year...haha...

...I'll go back and do a bunch of posts to get you caught up to where we are now...

...and now to give you a bit of a reference point...I'm going to post the realtor's photos from before we bought the house...so none of these are mine...
...so that's the tour of the house...'before'...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. Your new home is beautiful and large. My home would probably fit into yours at least 4x, lol. Enjoy the decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice and huge house! Looks perfect! I looooove the way the fireplace is in the middle of the living area. You will be happy in this house for sure! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete