Saturday, March 14, 2009

Prayer Shawl - Vintage Yarn

One of the ladies from church donated this yarn for a prayer shawl - she said she'd had it for a long time and had tried to crochet something with it but it was too 'narly'

It's Columbia Minerva Himalaya - and I don't think it's still made - I googled for it and could only find it on ebay...

The colourway is 'Bay' and it's a pretty blend of blues/greens/purples...

The shawl is just knit on size 13's in reverse stockinette over 50 stitches (about 300 rows - as I only had a week to get this one done - my goal was 50 rows per night). Then today I crocheted a border in single crochet for three rounds. It measures 24" by 62". I hope she likes it.

3 comments:

  1. I been so busy and haven’t popped over here in awhile. Looks like you have been busy with camp and knitting and baking breads. The room you stayed in a camp looked really pretty. A nice place to retire at night and knit your socks, which by the way I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so sweet! it is lovely! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe this! You don't know me but... I need approximately 2 skeins of this yarn to finish a sweater I started about 17 years ago. Do you have any of this left? I couldn't tell from your post. Please contact me at tmrdl @ yahoo.com and I'll tell you the story of the long-forgotten sweater. Thank you, Tammy Randall

    ReplyDelete