Monday, December 28, 2009

Making Merry - The Stocking Edition

Does everyone start their Christmas present opening with the Stocking?
I know we do - here's Scout tearing into his...
That's a book from the 'Percy Jackson' series by Riordan that he just finished...
...yes, Santa even wraps the little pressies he puts into the stocking...
...here we have a little kit bag for Scout to take all his essentials to camp...
...just inspecting the contents...
...now on to the candy - so we can get a good sugar rush before breakfast...
...oh wait - it's not all candy - there's fruit and nuts in there too...
...looks sort of like Halloween at this point...
...now it's Jack's turn to open his stocking...

This all happened in the space of about 1 minute - it took me way longer to upload the photos and do the post than it took Scout to tear through his stocking...

...I'll be doing a little series of Making Merry posts - so that family and friends far away can have a little glimpse of our Christmas...

4 comments:

  1. It's fun to see your fun. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh, just like when I was a child and the years have gone by almost as fast as me tearing into those gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's an orange doing it with the candy stash?

    I told my daughter she cold eat what ever she liked for breakfast on Christmas day. When she woke she told Nanna "Mum said I can have JUNK for breakfast" Oh well it's only once a year.

    I love sitting around as a family and exchanging gifts. It is also the first thing we do too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, we always start with the stockings too!

    ReplyDelete