Friday, March 18, 2011

Scout's Latest Project...

Scout had ordered a GI Joe figure specifically in order to take him apart and use his pieces to create a fully articulated Stormtrooper...apparently the Stormtroopers don't bend in lifelike ways and the GI Joes do...

...and that little guy came in the mail while Scout was home sick...

...so he asked if I would help him with the dremel tool to hollow out the space in the Stormtrooper's arms for the new GI Joe joints to fit...and of course I did that during my lunch hour...

...here's a sick Scout using an Exacto knife to trim up the arms...

...a final fitting of the new joints...

...the harvested parts of the GI Joe...kinda gruesome isn't it...

...all the parts are ready for assembly...

...super-gluing the new shoulders in place...

...I'll show you some before and after pictures when he's complete and painted up...

...make sure you get out to see the full moon tonight...

8 comments:

  1. Where did he get this gene, I wonder?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I can't count the numbers of arms that have broken off of action figures because Jake tried to move their arms. Very hard. Now we have to give him a disclaimer. "Jake his arms don't move okay?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooops! I meant to comment with my personal email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting thing to be doing, a lot of thought must have gone into the idea.

    Saw the full moon, it is always a lovely sight. We lived in New Zealand for a few years back in the 1970s. When the moon rose above the hills on the opposite side of Wellington Harbour it looked enormous! It was nice to be reminded of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting idea - really creative! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I know where he got his creativity from! That is SO awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! "articulated". :)
    Totally Trev.
    I can see him doing this, too.
    'Cept he'd make me do most of it. :)

    ReplyDelete