Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Silly Goose...

...or geese as the case may be...

...I know I've posted a lot of pictures of the geese that live around here...yesterday...they were visiting this puddle quite frequently...they dip their heads and get a drink...

...then they lift their beaks up to swallow...they're so funny to watch...

...then they just sit down in the puddle...

...a couple of hours later they were back to repeat the process...

...and they spent the late afternoon just resting in the yard...it was a chilly day...and they need to rest as much as possible before their long flight south...

...of course they got up when Jack came out onto the deck...

...I guess I just love watching them now because I know that soon they'll be gone...but we're really enjoying these last warm days of summer...yes...it's still summer even though it feels like fall already...and I'm wearing a sweater in the evening as the days get shorter...

7 comments:

  1. Lovely goosey sentiments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a whole flock that stays here year round at the local W...mart shopping center. There is a huge pond and they swim and walk around the parking lot. They are a lot of fun to watch especially considering how far south I am! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ever see the finlm 'The Aristocats'? There were two splendid lady geese in that and I always think of them when I see geese.

    Mustn't forget Uncle Waldo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're having cold days now in Pittsburgh too... I'm excited for fall, but still sad to see summer go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, yeah, we're getting a little "chilly" - down to 62 degrees last night....but 90 again this weekend. it'll be snowing before we know it! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the geese! They don't visit us in the deep south for long. I get to see them each fall when we go to Canada. I just love to hear their honk!

    ReplyDelete