Monday, September 05, 2011

...Quilt #2...laid out...

...First of all...Happy Labor Day!...do you even say that?...is there a Labor Day greeting?...

...I think I'm going to spend a good chunk of my holiday resting up from the weekend...but also I want to get a quilt top done...we have a work night coming up at Church...and I'd like to contribute at least one quilt top to be tied...

...I know it's a horrible picture...

...but I've already pinned it into rows and I don't want to lay it back out to take another one...sorry...

...it was really just to show you the colours and I think you can get the idea...

...here are some close-ups of the pattern pieces...a floral with a black background...

...and a black paisley...both of these were chosen because of the slight purple content...

...all of the purple came from a large windsuit (you can see it in the pile here)...so there are two different types of fabric...the outside and the lining...and most of the pieces are like this one and had to be pieced...

...and you know me...I like to use every little bit of fabric I possibly can...so some of the pieces have quite a few pieces...

...so what are you going to do with your holiday?...

6 comments:

  1. I love your quilts and hope one day to make one myself. I am puttering today and enjoying it. My guy's are working outside getting the fall garden ready. I have lesson plans ready for our first day of school which begins Wednesday and now I am going to practice my drawing. Happy Labor Day to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the quilts will look lovely.

    We don't have a labor day celebration but we have just had a bank holiday.

    I collected some pine needles today with the intention of making a pine needle basket. I found info on how to and I'm very keen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! love the use of all the cloth! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is going to look really awesome all together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first visit to your blog! I hope you post the finished quilt I am not familiar with the expression 'ready to be tied' Is this when you all get together and stitch the layers together to make the quilt puffy? WE have plenty of knitting groups here but I don't know of a quilting group nearby (I could do with one as my daughter wants me to make her a quilt for her Christmas present)

    ReplyDelete