Tuesday, March 18, 2014

...a Vegan Frittata...

...oh my...

...this is so one of the best things I've made in a long long time...
...mixed up some vegan eggs...like I was going to make an omelet...I added some herbs...basil, oregano and thyme...
...when I was picturing this yumminess in my head...I imagined I would use 'sun-dried' (really just dehydrated...and if I'd thought ahead I could have made those too) tomatoes...but I didn't have any...so decided just to roast some tomatoes instead...sort of just to make them less watery...
...I had some sauteed mushrooms in the freezer...I opened a jar of black olives and slice those...squeezed all the water I could out of some frozen organic spinach...and sauteed some onions...
...generously greased my cast iron skillet with some Earth Balance...
...and starting mixing things together...
...folded in all the veggies...
...and then the roasted tomatoes...
...dumped it in the skillet...
...spread it smooth...
...and baked for about an hour at 350°...
...it turned out perfectly!...
...and was so delicious!

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. It looks a fine frittata, one of my favourite dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious. I am totally trying this out on the family:) Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that does look yummy! good idea about getting most of the water out of the veggies...love, k

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a vegan frittata a couple of weeks back, will have to try it again with different veg.

    ReplyDelete