Wednesday, March 19, 2014

...W.I.P. Wednesday...Hope...

...so after several hours of work on Hope...I've had to admit that I'm not quite getting gauge...this should measure 4 inches...but it just doesn't...and I'd be fooling myself if I continued to knit at this gauge...

...the problem is...that I'm afraid that if I go up a needle size to US size 2...then it'll be too big...

...alas better too big than too small...said the little bear...
...anywhoo...I bit the bullet and frogged...all that work for naught...
...and my size 2s are busy on another project...so I quickly decided about that toe (red and white mixed...obviously) and knit those off the needles...

...so now that I have needles...here we go again...

What have you undone lately?...

~Have a lovely day!

4 comments:

  1. Oh gauge, it is a cheeky thing isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater I'm working on. I'm knitting the body in the round, and got up around 10" before I finally said that 50+" around when I wanted 45 just wasn't going to work. I'm back where I stopped progress, and am now working on the sleeves, two at a time magic loop style. New kitten in the house, so yarn work has been put on the back burner until I can test how he reacts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mistake in the pattern can be overlooked - but the wrong size - it has to come down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup--I hate ripping out, but sometimes it must be done.

    ReplyDelete