Friday, July 04, 2014

...Flying Dutchman...with coloured boat, sails and water...

...Happy Independence Day!

...since there's red, white and blue in these socks...this is a good day to finally post the mods for the Flying Dutchman that I promised back in May...
...well...I started out following the pattern...but I wasn't using the two different colours for the stripes...and I wasn't really happy with the definition I was getting for the sail in the white sock...
...so I added some black to make it a little bit more defined...
...then still following the pattern...I labeled one of my white threads as 'dark' and when I was on a dark row...I knitted the red part of the boat too...
...then it was time to do the water...and I thought that this old ball of shaded blue thread from my stash would make the perfect water...
...so I plied it together - 4 strands - to make a yarn the same thickness as my two strands of bamboo...
...see...perfect water...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you will be certain to post the completed photos as well. They look really great so far!

    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's neat to see the details! I love them! Love, k

    ReplyDelete