Saturday, July 19, 2014

...Tomatoes with Vegan Cottage Cheese...

...here in the middle of summer...we get the best vine ripened tomatoes...we don't grow them because of our herd of deer...
...perfect for making this pretty and cool salad...just cut out the stem...
...and then cut a little zig-zag around the middle...
...and separate...
...then scoop out the seeds...
...and you'll have two pretty little tomato flowers...
...put them on a bed of lettuce and fill with Vegan Cottage Cheese...
...they make a beautifully refreshing first course...

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. I remember the first time I saw tomatoes done like that. It was at my cousin Christine's cousin Liz's house. Liz was expecting a baby and I found a book about pregnancy and birth which I read a lot of before the others realised. A touch bizarre but the two are linked in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I would trade your deer for vegetables. They are lovely and The Man's congregation grow lots of veg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty.Simple yet so lovely. x

    ReplyDelete