Tuesday, July 15, 2014

...Vegan Shopping...

...Y'all know that when I'm at 'home' visiting...I always go to two stores...the SDA store in Fletcher...
...where my sweet sissie and I picked up all these goodies...

...the vegan duck is for some Julia recipes for The Vegan Version...and I'd been wanting to try the canned 'tuna' for a while...the other things are meatless crumbles of all sorts...ham...bacon...burger...and there's some nooch, and chick'n and beef flavored bouillon too...
...then we headed over to the French Broad Co-op...specifically to get me a year's supply of bulk stevia...but I also got a big bag of organic oats...and some plain unflavored tvp for a recipe I've been wanting to try...for vegan fish.....I've had the recipe printed out for a while now...
...and then speaking of vegan fish...the co-op had these in the freezer section...sorry they're sort of crumpled...but I had to cram them into the cooler to bring them home...

...and then a couple of things that I acquired during my visit that I did not buy...
...a pretty vintage glass egg from my sweet MIL...

...it's from Avon...and originally held a candle...
...and some delicious custom roasted coffee from my sweet bro...

...it's from Burundi...it's there largest source of income...according to Wiki...I'd never had Burundi coffee before...but it's very good...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. hey - yeah, i'll get around to trying some of my "good stuff" this week!

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, love food. I saw a vegan restaurant in Avignon - did I already say that?

    ReplyDelete