Thursday, January 26, 2017

...Two Ingredient Vegan Probiotic Yogurt...

...the last time I was visiting Mom...we went to the SDA store (we usually do)...and I wanted to get some vegan probiotic capsules for making cashew cream cheese...and we finally found these...
...and I do use them to make Cashew Cream Cheese...and it's very yummy...

...but...did you also know that you can just break one open in a container of warm soymilk (mine is homemade...and I just did a quick blog search...and realized that I've never really shown how I do that either...so that will be a future post )...and leave it to culture on the counter for 24 hours or so...and you'll have the most perfect creamy vegan yogurt...it's amazing...
...I just poured the 'whey' off the top into a bowl...and I'll save that and use it for my two ingredient biscuits...or vegan cornbread...or just add it to a smoothie...but it definitely won't go to waste...
...then I poured the yogurt into a sieve lined with a jelly cloth...placed over a bowl...
...look how perfect and creamy that is...
...then I portioned half cups of it into little half pint jars...
...ground up some golden flax seeds and got out my sweet MIL's strawberry jam...
...added a couple of spoonfuls of jam on top...
...and a good sprinkling of flax seed...
...and a few pecans...
...because...everything's better with pecans...
...it looks like a parfait...
...and it is parfait (perfect)...so I dug in...
...and ate it all up...so...so good!

...have you ever made yogurt?

~Have a lovely day!

5 comments:

  1. Interesting, I keep thinking I will get to grips with making cashew cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is cool! looks yummy.

    love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...toasted pecans...yum! remembering you/your family in prayer.
    thinking of your dear MIL and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you shared this idea? Wonder if it will work with almond milk? I will have to experiment...

    ReplyDelete