Saturday, February 01, 2020

...1.31...Dinner and a Movie...

...dinner was just a hodgepodge of leftovers out of the fridge...two pieces of baked tofu...a green pepper looking a tiny bit wrinkly......the last of a jar of pickled beets...some leftover sweet potato (from the Foreman grill)...two baby cucumbers brought last weekend so they needed to be used up...and on the other little plate are the dregs of a bag of tortilla chips...none of these things really go together...but they all tasted good and filled me up quite nicely...and now I have a lot more room in the fridge with all those containers gone...

...I like to do this with leftovers...I love the frugality of it...and the "waste not want not" of it...the Man...not so much...he had pizza...haha...

...and I chose the movie...and the Man didn't like it either...haha again...Mrs. Palfrey of the Claremont...

...it was a sweet and sad story about some people...specifically an older woman abandoned (or maybe neglected might be a better word) by her family and her friendship with a young man she meets by chance...

...what have you been watching lately?...

~Have a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I find it very difficult to keep up with the leftovers even though I try to eat them for lunch and sometimes dinner. Things seem to pile up on me. I feel good when I don't waste though. Real good. I haven't heard of your movie. I saw a movie today, really more like half watched it. It's called The Professional. It was all right though I didn't quite finish it. I'm watching something called War on Plastic on Daily Motion website and something called The Report with Adam Driver and Annette Benning about an investigation into destruction of CIA tapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the frugality of leftovers too, now it just my husband and I the freezer has become my best friend. I will make my non-vegan hubby a pot of chili, he will eat it for a day or two, and I freeze the rest in portion size containers, I find this works with many meals and it prevents a lot of waste.
    I watched Mrs. Palfrey a good number of years ago, I like the actress who plays the lead character, she was also excellent in Enchanted April. I thought Mrs P was a rather sad story too.
    Currently I am enjoying all of the Sean Connery James Bond films, they are kind of campy, but fun to watch.

    Bean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leftovers are awesome! I LOVE tu reuse them in a new dish.
    Thank you for teaching me a new word; "hodgepodge"!
    Currently watching a serie about a young girl that runs from her home. "Fugueuse". It's hard to watch but it's a brillant serie!

    ReplyDelete