Wednesday, February 26, 2020

...2.26...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...as promised...all the baby things for my niece's baby shower...
...I had seen a cute blanket...somewhere...with Zzzz on the corner...and thought it was so cute...so I made a quick pattern of those letters...
...and got out this super soft grey yarn...
...and just cast on 100 stitches and started knitting...I knit the letters in a soft cream...that I think was leftover from my niece's wedding shawl...
...and in just about no time...or a couple of movies of time...the sweet little blanket was finished...it's a perfect size for tucking around a stroller or car seat...
...and then I took a pink/purple/white variegated cotton yarn from my stash and made a Super Simple One Hour Baby Hat...
...then I cast on for another pair of Lucy Sinkler's Mary Jane Booties...
...in black this time...
...and I tucked a pair of little white socks inside and stuffed them with tissue...they turned out so cute...
...and because the parents-to-be had requested a book instead of a card...I got this cute board book...First 100 Animals...

...in other news...last night was the Shrove Tuesday Fastnacht Supper at the Church...I've posted about the local tradition here before...
...so I made a few vegan fastnachts...but I baked mine this year instead of frying them in oil...
...and sprinkled some of them with powdered sugar...
...and I made me some chili...
...and packed it in a jar before we went over...
...and they were also serving mexican cornbread with the chili...so I just got one of my muffins out of the freezer and added some mild jalapenos and vegan cheese and called it mexican cornbread...haha...
...we had a lot of fun...

...what's in your workbasket?...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like cozy fun! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. your little gifts are so sweet!
    i love the Zzzzz on the blanket.
    xoxo,e

    ReplyDelete