Tuesday, February 04, 2020

...Tuesdays with Julia...Vegan Mayonnaise Collée...

...we made a vegan version of Julia's Mayonnaise Collée to top the little canapés at The Airman's Wife's Birthday Party...
...and they were so pretty and tasty...

...and all of the particulars are over at The Vegan Version...

...I also made the crackers...using The Prudent Homemaker's recipe for Whole Wheat Crackers...
...really simple ingredients that came together quickly and easily...
...I rolled the crackers out in between my split apart super-sized ziplock bag...
...and I got to use my little fluted pastry cutter...so much fun...
...these are really crispy and tasty...I used pink Himalayan salt instead of the Kosher salt in the recipe...and it did kind of turn a funny colour on top...but as I was topping them anyway it made no difference...and next time I'll use the Kosher salt...

~Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. so fun that you got to use your little pastry cutter!
    i have some cracker recipes that i really like - i should make crackers again!

    also - that grandbaby of yours is so very precious!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bookmarking that recipe for crackers - I'll make them when I run out of Triscuts. I have 4 boxes remaining - and I'm sure that won't last until May or June! Crackers are almost unavailable here as they go stale quickly in the moist air. And if you find them, they're about $8 a box! Love, K

    ReplyDelete