Thursday, February 27, 2020

...2.26...What I Ate in a Day...as a Vegan...

...after lemon water, tea and vitamins...I started a pot of homemade applesauce...
...just apples...cooked over low heat...and mashed...
...it makes perfect...one ingredient applesauce...
... then I made a pan of 2 ingredient probiotic biscuits...
...and had that with some applesauce and another mug of tea mid-morning...
...and for lunch...I ate the last of the two zip lock bags of fruit and veg Mom sent back with me from the Baby Shower...so I had a big plate of veg with some homemade vegan Ranch dressing...and I drank lime water with that...
...and some leftover vegan baked beans which I eat on lettuce leaves...weird I know but it's really good...and a big bowl of the last of the fruit...
...afternoon snack...crackers and cream cheese...and more veggies...and fruit and tea and olives...I eat the olives smashed into the cream cheese on the crackers...you can actually make this into a pretty Christmas-y dip...but I had it de-constructed here...
...for dinner we had bought these two jars of pickles specifically for a sandwich that the Man wanted to try...this one from Iowa Girl Eats...we couldn't find the Chicago-style Giardiniera specified in the recipe...so went with what we could get locally...
...so I chopped up the pickles with some vegan beef bits...and added a packet of Italian dressing mix...just the store brand as I couldn't find the Zesty kind of that either...and baked that in the oven until everything was hot and hydrated...
...got some homemade vegan mozzarella cheese out of the freezer and sliced it up...
...and assembled the sandwich on a toasted baguette...and had that with some french fries...and tea...it was really good and reminded me of the Vegan Mississippi Roast we did a while back...

...and then we went to the Church for the Ash Wednesday service...and I didn't eat anything else in the evening...

...what did you eat yesterday?

~Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

  1. lovely eats for the day. what are probiotic biscuits? you have me curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi fruitcrmble...first I make a probiotic yogurt...https://affectioknit.blogspot.com/2017/01/two-ingredient-vegan-probiotic-yogurt.html...lately I've been using Oat Milk as I can make it cheaply...https://affectioknit.blogspot.com/2018/12/frugal-friday-favorites.html
      ...and then I just combine that with some self-rising flour...

      ...this is a recipe for the aluminum free SR flour...https://affectioknit.blogspot.com/2016/12/make-your-own-self-rising-flour.html

      ...and here's a post about how I actually make the biscuits...https://affectioknit.blogspot.com/2016/10/easy-vegan-two-ingredient-almost-fat.html

      ...that's a lot of links I know... ;)

      ~Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of eats for a day!! Looks colorful and extremely healthy!

    Love, K

    ReplyDelete