Monday, February 10, 2020

...2.10...Over the Weekend...

...I started my Easter sweater...using the yarn the kiddos gave me for Christmas...I'm using Fall Festival...a free DROPS pattern...but I'm using a smaller hook...and a smaller yarn...so some modifications will be needed...

...and I still have a few projects in the works that I can't show you yet...
...I made a couple of dips...to have on hand for snacking...a big bowl of hummus...
...and then the hard green avocados that I had bought last weekend were nice and ripe...
...so I made a big batch of guacamole...this is mostly for me...as the Man does not love guac...
...then I took one tub of silken tofu...and made some vegan mayonnaise and ranch dressing with it...
...and then used the rest to make chocolate pudding...
...the Man is back home (thankfully)...and so we had a kind of snacky dinner Friday...I know I didn't do a Dinner and a Movie post...and we didn't really watch a movie...but we've started a new to us Netflix series called After Life...it's pretty good so far...
...Gardein chick'n...with hot wing sauce and celery and ranch dressing...
...for breakfast Saturday...we had some of the seitan bacon (it's so good)...
...and a bag of hashbrowns that I 'found' in the freezer...I think I bought them for a Thanksgiving potato casserole that I didn't end up making...
...and that's scrambled tofu on the side there too...but it's almost the same colour as the hasbrowns...
...and it's time for a new batch of sauerkraut...so I bought a local NC cabbage...cut it up...
...chopped it up and added a few teaspoons of salt...it's so simple really...just two ingredients...and time...
...gave it a bit of a mash up...to get some juices started...
...packed it in the jar and screwed on the special venting lid...
...and now we wait a bit...
...and we had just the teeniest bit of cleanup to do after the storm...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

4 comments:

  1. All looks yummy, of course! We had a sauerkraut, onion and potato scramble a couple of days ago. (Store bought sauerkraut, though). Glad the storm did do to much to your place. Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tasty looking food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally in love with this crocheted jacket! I'm a very bad crocheter... But i think this is the think that will make me learn the right way! I look forward to see yours finiched!

    And about this "bacon"... I must play with that! As soon as I have a little time... this is on my "to do list"!

    Thanks again for the inspiration!

    ps; funny to see grass ... up here we are buried under a meter of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved After Life, there is a second series coming.

    ReplyDelete