Wednesday, December 18, 2019

...W.I.P. Wednesday...a lot of things I can't show yet...

...so...I'll show you some amazing vegan bacon instead...

...this is probably the best vegan bacon I've ever had...and the recipe's from SauceStache...so hop over there and check it out...he seems to make mostly vegan 'meats'...
...first you make a couple of different consistencies of seitan...so this is a seitan bacon...
...after you let those rest...you layer them to create the striped effect...
...then wrap it up and put it into the freezer...
...it needs to be really cold and stiff but not frozen...
...so that you can slice it very thinly...I had to put mine back into the freezer after a few slices as it got too soft to slice again...
...and then because I am actually going to freeze the majority of this vegan 'bacon'...
...I put the slices onto plastic wrap...
...and then stacked them up individually wrapped...
...so that I can take just a couple of slices out when I want them...
...now for the best part...I put a few slices into a cast iron skillet with a little bit of oil...
...and basically just fried them like you would real bacon...
...letting them brown slightly and have crispy and tender spots...
...then I drained them on some paper toweling...
...and gave it a taste...it is so very good...I'm really pleased with this experiment because I haven't been too happy with the vegan bacon options available in the grocery store...and this is perfect...with just a few simple ingredients...and not too difficult to accomplish...

~Have a lovely day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment