Wednesday, December 28, 2022

...12.28...W.I.P. Wednesday...

...I finished the two toned burgundy socks...my sweet Sissie said they reminded her of Cranberries...so that's what I'm calling them now...the Cranberry Socks...and I'm always forgetting the Kitchener Stitch...you'd think I'd have it well memorized by now...but I always second guess myself and have to look it up to be sure...so...I printed it out...laminated it and punched a hole to attach it to my small (sock) knitting bag with a carabiner...now hopefully, I won't have to look it up again...
...I'm really pleased with this little scrap yarn project...they're super cute...and comfy with their princess soles...I don't really have anything specific to wear them with but I'll definitely wear them...
...and I've been packing and repacking my one carry-on that I'm taking to Japan...and I've got quite a few little gifties to fit in...around my pillow...haha...the Man thinks it's crazy to take a pillow...especially since he says you...who can sleep ANYWHERE do not need to take a pillow...but I love my soft squishie pillow...and I know I'll sleep better with it...I think you've seen almost all of the these before...
...the little poncho will be so cute on Big Sissie...not sure why the unopened jump-rope was given away...but I took it...
...and a sweet little purple purse for their dress up bin...
...and these cute socks are for The Airman's Wife...she's a big Grey's Anatomy fan...and Mom was wearing these socks on her visit with us last weekend to pick up Kitten...and I commented on that fact...and she immediately took them off and said for me to take them to The Airman's Wife...so sweet...

...but the funny part of that story is that the Man said...who gives someone used socks?...haha...but I said it's a family thing...and it just goes to show you that Mom definitely thinks of The Airman's Wife as family...because she wouldn't just give (barely) used socks to just anybody...
...and then I thought that I'd take those bulky pink plastic handles out of this purse and replace them with something more 'packable' as I thought I wanted to take a purse to Japan...
...so I removed the pretty buttons...(the only way to get the handles off)...gave it a wash... and stitched the buttons back on...
...then I crocheted two long handles so I can wear it cross-body style...
...slipped the new handles through...and that little project was done...
...and there's a bonus...with these straps the opening can be opened much wider than with the original pink rings...

...I've changed my mind though and I'm not taking it to Japan...I just have one of those travel pouches for my passport and some cash that you wear around your neck...I don't think I'll really need anything else...

...what's in your workbasket this week?...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing all these little gifties when opened in Japan!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete