Monday, December 19, 2022

...12.19...Over the Weekend...

...the Christmas Pageant was this weekend...they always do such an outstanding job with this production...it was so much fun...
...a very limited shopping trip...we're leaving for Japan next week...
...the Amaryllis Mom gave us for Christmas is sprouting up quite healthily...
...I got Amy's little pressie ready for gifting...we're getting together for Christmas a little bit later this week...so I ironed and reused a piece of tissue paper...
...I saw this cozy pair of pink booties and thought of Amy...so I bought them for her...
...the crinkly gold and white shreds are from another package...and I got the gold gift bag on clearance last year for a quarter...
...so it's a pretty frugal little giftie...Amy and I really just give each other little tokens of our affection...over all the years we've known each other...
...in anticipation of Mom's visit this weekend...I made a banana pudding...using my Bird's Custard and Kedem vanilla tea biscuits as vegan vanilla wafers are so hard to find...
...it's pretty perfect anyway...
...and I got out all the 'fixins' for her famous Vegan Ritz Cracker Cookies...
...for dinner we had pan fried Impossible Burger...with a mushroom sauce that the Man spent all day making...
...and these delicious turnips...they were like candy they were so good...
...and mashed potatoes and peas...of course...it was a fun and delicious dinner...and we were too stuffed to eat any banana pudding...haha...
...but that didn't stop us from making cookies...assembly line style...I made the peanut butter Ritz sandwiches and Mom stirred and dipped the cookies in the vegan white chocolate...
...and onto the parchment and a generous dousing of sprinkles...
...these are so delicious...and so easy to make...I wonder why we only have them at Christmastime...
...and my sweet nephew's wife sent us this delicious box full of...
...Vegan Chex Mix...a specialty of hers...and now we've got plenty to snack on...haha...
...and breakfast this morning before Mom left with Kitten (she's babysitting Kitten while we're in Japan...for 3 WEEKS...bless her heart)...
...I made my regular muffin recipe as "French Puffs"...you just don't add any fruit and then roll them in vegan butter and cinnamon and sugar while they're hot...
...they are so delicious...and they really do remind me a lot of the French Puffs I ate in France...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

3 comments:

  1. Such fun!! I'll have to admit I'm a bit jealous of all your "Mom" time lately!!! So excited for you guys - will be fascinating to see your travels! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. may you have a safe trip to Japan and enjoy your family there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG OMG OMG! Did i read you are going to Japan?!??!?! Soooooo glad for you! Hope you will share a bit of this fabulous trip! Wish you the best! Enjoy everything! Merry christmas and happy new year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete