Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Bamboozled Anklets

Well, I can't show you the pretty socks I knit while I was at the lake yet, but remember the pretty hand dyed Bamboo yarn from Poppy Flower Fibers. The Man-Cub and I stretched it all out in the hotel hallway (that was a funny sight - I'm sure) so that I could divide it into two equal balls. I just made a really simple pair of toe up anklets using 60 stitches on size 2 needles. I started out with a pretty lace stitch that I found in one of my pattern books - but I pretty quickly decided against that and went back to just plain stockinette stitch as that seemed to show off the pretty hand dyed yarn the best.






I love them - they're soft and silky and just a little bit shiny.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:14 PM

    I remember seeing that yarn on Etsy and wanting it. They look just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That yarn is just perfect for socks! Love the colors and stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks - I love these socks,

    ReplyDelete