Thursday, July 10, 2008

Camp Chair Repair

We've had the blue (cheap) $5 chairs from Stuff-Mart for quite a while - I know I've packed them up for several moves - they're made in China (probably in a sweatshop where the person made only a few pennies for assembling them) so when they began to fray and tear I didn't want to run out and purchase new ones - I set up my sewing machine and stitched through the heavy fabric with a lot of zig-zag stitches and now they're better than new - because I don't think they'll fray again.

The sides frayed and then ripped loose so the metal frame wouldn't stay in it's sleeve...

The hardest part was working around the frame as I couldn't take the fabric chair off the frame entirely - only the top part. We have three of these chairs and two were frayed - so I went ahead and 'fixed' the third one before it breaks.

3 comments:

  1. Good job! I just bought one of these chairs, I should file this idea away somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great repair work! And congrats on winning the Creative Family book! I love the soulemama blog and I've been looking at the book at Borders!

    ReplyDelete