Sunday, July 13, 2008

...Just Back...Very Tired...

We just got back from camping with the Webelos at Camp Wilderness - it was great fun! There's nothing quite like being in the wilderness with about 180 10-11 year old boys. I'll do a ginormous post about it all tomorrow - after I upload the 200+ photos I took (and get some rest). I'm looking forward to reading all the blogs I missed. I did some more scheduled posting while I was away and Mom said that I should explain that the post about the day at the lake was actually from last weekend - fireworks are only legal here for about 5 days surrounding Independence Day.

This is what our big room (some people might call it a den or a family room - but we call it 'the big room' because that's what it is) looks like right now - we had a fair amount of rain and wind - so although we have the best tent on earth and nothing got wet - everything was damp so I laid it all out in the big room to get really dry before we put it away - there's a dehumidifier running in the background...

...and we needed something other than camp food for lunch - so I made 'chik-n and dumplings' - its just some Morningstar Farms chick'n strips with some veg broth and dumplings and biscuits made from the organic whole wheat pastry flour I got on our way home - I've never used w/w pastry flour before and the texture of these biscuits was very light and fluffy - and I'm a pretty particular southern girl when it comes to biscuits - the dumplings were made from the same dough - the Man-Cub loved it.

1 comment:

  1. i'll have to try the pastry flour - looks yummy! love, k

    ReplyDelete