Sunday, September 14, 2008

Okara Crab Cakes and Grandma's Advice

We made Susan's Okara Crab Cakes (from the FatFree Vegan Kitchen http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2006/07/okara-crab-cakes.html) for dinner - they were sort of messy to make but boy were they ever good!

When I got married my Grandma gave me only one piece of advice and that was 'to sit down to a family meal at the dinner table every night'.

We don't always accomplish that but we do try and it is so nice to have a pretty table and share our days with each other - I can definitely see why she thought it was so important.

4 comments:

  1. hey, just back from home....read your entries since i've been gone. the crab cakes look good - i might try it with tofu - if it's as good as you say, i'll see if duane wants to try it (since he's 'lergic to shellfish!!) love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - try it - it was really good - I made some vegan tartar sauce to go with it - you can see it - barely - in the little dish - I think the leftovers will be good on sandwiches too.

    Love,

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea if you can get the taste of crabcakes. They look good. Table is pretty, too. E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mom,

    I don't think I know what crab cakes taste like - I don't think I ever ate one even before I was vegan - the Man-Cub liked them but covered with ketcup it's hard to tell...

    Love,

    T

    ReplyDelete