Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday School

When I was growing up we had Sunday School year 'round - but up here Sunday School follows the school year - so we've just gotten started back to Sunday School...

I made a batch of 'flesh toned' playdough for my 3rd and 4th grade class to 'create' with...
Our first lesson was the Creation Story of course...

It was really easy:

Traditional Play Dough

1 cup flour
1 cup warm water
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon oil
1/4 cup salt
food coloring - I used one drop of red and three of yellow

Mix all ingredients, adding food coloring last. Stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from pan and knead until blended smooth. Place in plastic bag or airtight container when cooled. Will last for a long time.

2 comments:

  1. We've been back 3 weeks. This week my K-2nd graders made Gideon's torches. They were too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristina,

    My 3rd and 4th graders fashioned little Adams and Eves with their clay - it was a lot of fun - we even talked about ashes to ashes and dust to dust and what that means...

    ReplyDelete