Saturday, July 23, 2016

...Small Batch Blueberrry Jam...

...when we picked the blueberries the Man said that he wanted some blueberry jam...it's always been his favorite...
...but I didn't want to 'waste' my fresh blueberries on jam...I said we could just buy frozen ones for that...but then I thought better of it...because who deserves fresh blueberry jam more than the Man?...right?...
...just 4 cups of fresh blueberries...and a cup of sugar - we used beet sugar...
...mashed up a bit with a potato masher...
...added a tablespoon of lemon juice...
...and simmered for about a half an hour...
...until nice and thick...
...then into a sterilized jar...
...sealed and labeled...
...but I don't really know why I bothered with that...I could have just put it into a bowl...
...because it's not going to last very long...
...so very delicious...English Muffin recipe here...

...what's your favorite jam?

~Have a lovely day!

Super Easy Small Batch Blueberry Jam

4 cups of fresh blueberries
1 cup of sugar - we used beet sugar
1 tablespoon of lemon juice

Put all ingredients into a small saucepan and mash together with a potato masher...then simmer for about a half an hour... until nice and thick...easie-peasie

2 comments:

  1. so simple and simple wonderful!! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good, I do like a nice jam.

    ReplyDelete