Monday, July 04, 2016

...Zucchini EVERYWHERE...

...the bags of fresh veg continue to arrive with some regularity...

...I have a date tonight with those green beans...and Julia and I are going to do something with the broccoli tomorrow...
...but the zucchini...OH the zucchini...it's everywhere right now...we have piles of it...much more than you'd think our small family could devour...

...but there...you'd probably be wrong...we are so very thankful for all the veg gifted to us...and we're trying to use up every single bit of it...
...y'all know how much I love my simple zucchini stew...I just roughly chop a bunch of zucchini and onions...and cook 'til tender...I usually eat it with some vegan cornbread almost like a soup...
...but my boys object to the smell of zucchini and onions cooking...
...so I crammed the crockpot as full as I could...and plugged it in on the back porch...

...and VoilĂ !...smell prob solved...

~Wishing you a lovely start to your week!

3 comments:

  1. That's your five a day sorted for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool idea to take it outside!!! love, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're about to be overrun in zucchini, they're on the vine and full of promise, but I've not had a fresh one yet. At a arts and crafts fair a couple weeks ago we bought, on impulse, a delicious jar of "Zucchini Relish" which we ate like salsa. It was awesome. We're going to give that a go this year when we hit the point of "too many" zucchinis. Not that there is such a thing, but the timing can be a doozy! I've never tried it as a stew though. Something else to try this season. I am curious, do the boys object to the taste, too? Or just the smell? I ask because I dislike the smell of cabbage while it cooks, but love how it tastes.

    ReplyDelete