Wednesday, July 20, 2016

...W.I.P. Wednesday...just veg...

...as for Work In Progress this week...I do actually have another dish cloth for the youth on my needles...but mostly we've just been trying to keep up with all the wonderful veg that we've been gifted...
...this lovely fellow is called an Crenshaw melon...I thought it was interesting that "The melons were bred by crossing casaba melons with Persian melons"...
...and the fellow who gave it to us said that they only grow here during election years...no idea what that means...I searched for an answer but didn't find any...so let me know if you know...
...but it is so very delicious...juicy and sweet...we'll make short work of it I'm sure...
...and then we had another big bag of corn to deal with...Silver Queen this time...
...so several pints of that went into the freezer right beside the beautiful golden yellow we froze last week...

...are you managing to keep up with all your fresh veg this season...

~Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. I love melon and summer melons are the best.

    ReplyDelete