Monday, October 13, 2008

The Best Bread Machine Bread Recipe Ever...

I've fooled around with many many many Bread Machine Bread Reipes and I've always been somewhat disappointed - either it was too heavy, too dry, was good warm but not the next day, didn't rise enough - you name it. My bread machine is pretty old - it was a birthday gift from the Man - before the Man-Cub and when Bread Machines were still pretty pricey. But it has definitely served us well for more than 10 years now - and it may have to go into overdrive with this recipe.

The Best Bread Machine Bread Recipe Ever

1 1/4 cup warm water in the pan of your bread machine
1 t. vinegar - I use apple cider vinegar but I'm sure white would work too
1 1/2 t. ground flax seed
1/2 t. salt
3 T. Sugar - I use turbinado but other sweetners should work as well
2 T. oil
3 Cups Bread Flour
1 t. active dry yeast

Place in the order called for by your machine - listed in the order I add them...

You can just see a few flecks of flaxseed...

After the final rise...

Fresh from the machine - the crust is so crispy and delicate...

And the best piece of the entire loaf is this first one cut from the top...

This bread is so soft - the texture is just perfect...

But probably the most important thing is that it's still good the next day and the day after that...

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, it looks great! I'll have to give it a try. I more or less retired my bread machine due to the blah from the boxness of kits, but will have to dig it out again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,

    Give it a try and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! I need to break out my bread machine. It is a fall thing for me. I love home made bread

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this recipe. My bread machine just came out again for some cool weather cooking so I'll have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to put this somewhere safe. I love my bread machine!

    ReplyDelete